Monday, May 2, 2011

Several days of busyness....

The days leading up to Cohutta were super busy with work, kids activities and getting ready to go out of town.  I took several pictures so I am going to post them with captions.  Tomorrow I will post a race report with pictures I promise!

My last post was from Monday.  On Tuesday I finalized my race set up on the bike and took a picture of things.  Funny thing was it turned out the bike rack on the car would cause me to have to make a change for the better once I got up to the race.  More on that in the race report.





Wednesday, I took my last training ride here in town and rode to the lake and did some minor hill repeats to get all systems firing on go and then cruised on in.  It was a windy day down by the lake but beautiful skies.  This was the day the tornadoes hit Ga and AL


Thursday was travel day but not before going to the art sow and concert at school.  It was great fun!


Friday we did a short warm up ride then headed over to check in at the race.  It was exciting to be there!!

After I checked in, the Bug and I drive up to the entrance to the single track and walked the first section of the course

many of these signs would lead the way for the race.  The course was really well marked and unlike last year I really never doubted being on course


Saturday after the race we rode into town and saw this baby kangaroo dog guarding this store.  If anyone knows what kind of dog this is please leave a comment...... I want  one!!

Sunday on the way home we passed thru my home town of Gainesville, GA.  We stopped for gas and the Boo and Bug talked me into trying to find the house I lived in.  I hadn't been there since I was 6 years old, but I remembered the street name and when I saw it I knew immediately.

My old house!  My folks paid $11,500 for it way back when.  In talking with a neighbor we found out that the parents of the lady that lives there now lives in Tallahassee.  Pretty crazy!!


Today on the way home from work I had to cruise by a house that we are doing a display at this weekend for the parade of homes.  Here it is, I don't know how we are going to make that carport look good but I guess if you put a Harley in a carport it will look a lot better.

No comments:

Post a Comment