Monday, April 18, 2011

Blur

No, I am not referencing how quickly the weekend went by, I am talking about how all my photos from the weekend came out!  Blurry, like this one:

I must have some smudges on the lens and need to clean it because all of the shots are a bit on the fussy side.

It was a good weekend even though it did not go as originally planned.  We awoke to a major storm Saturday that changed our whole day around.  Rides and soccer games cancelled we all went to a 5K for Type 1 diabetes at TCC.  We all had a good run with KK finishing FIRST!!  The Bug came in 7th and Boo was not far behind her.  I was out-sprinted at the line by the winner!!  We all gave it everything we had and thus the afternoon was a little on the lazy side, thst is until the tiller and sod called us out to finish up the St Augustine sod planting as well as re planting the beds along the front walk.  We caught an early dinner at Kool Beanz and then came home and rented a movie and got to bed early.

Sunday morning I did my race simulation for Cohutta that I was going to do Saturday and got 6 1/2 hours in on the MTB and covered 75 miles!  I felt great and definitely feel as if I am physically prepared for the event.  It was the longest MTB ride I have ever done and I did it on my recently converted fully rigid no gears bike.  I must say that at mile 60 or so, I had visions of a full suspension bike running thru my head.  I tried to simulate the race as much as possible with the trail choices I made and the order I rode them.  I pretty much rode all the trails in the area and surprisingly got in 8500 vertical feet of climbing.

We closed out the weekend with a leader celebration party for the outgoing YL college leaders which is where the picture is from.  It was so good to be lifting up all of these guys and girls who have given so much to so many.  Blessings to all of them.  

 

No comments:

Post a Comment