Friday, April 22, 2011

Gear Choice has been made!!

I have been wrestling with my gear choice for Cohutta.  I have bordered on over thinking the whole thing but it isn't like I will be able to change gears during the race and we will be covering 100 miles and climbing some 14k feet of elevation.  I want to get it right.  After my trip up to the mountains I was leaning toward to 21T.  Not because I tried it up there because I did not, I ran the 20T on that trip, and we rode MTB the day after an epic road ride with tons of climbing and my legs were pretty toasted.  I was feeling like the 21 would be the way to go to survive the race after that day in the mountains.  I have since had a change of opinion and have decided, today, that I will run.......

untouched by human hands, this baby will be going on the bike for race day!!!


 ....... 34X20!!!!!  I know I can ride everything in this gear and I feel like with fresh legs going into the event I will be ready to do some damage with this gear.  Every once in a while I get to a point where I feel prepared for an event.  My first six gap several years ago, the Triathlon last year, and I feel like this year I am ready for Cohutta.  It is a different mental state kind of like operating out of confidence rather than being unsure, but not cocky.  I know there are no guarantees, and I am not going to make any predictions, but I am ready for the event and I will give it all I have.      

No comments:

Post a Comment