Thursday, April 7, 2011

Mountain Report cont....

Day 2 in the mountains had us traveling over to the YL camp we will be staying at for the event.




The camp is great and we toured the facilities and headed back to Dahlonega.  Along the way back we passed by the entrance to Bull Mountain and headed in for a MTB ride.  I had ridden here once before a long time back.  I was trying to remember how long ago, I know it was before we had the Bug, so that is going back some time!  It was weird how much of the area I remembered from one ride so long ago.  It was all I could do when I rode it the first time but this trip it was a breeze..... more or less!


leaving the parking lot

I don't remember this truck from my last ride, but I am sure it was there judging by the looks of it!

taking a quick break on the way up

at the top and looking forward to a nice long descent!

the end of  great ride

We finished the ride and got cleaned up and packed up and headed to meet a caterer about doing a post ride meal for us.  What do you serve a bunch of hungry cyclists after a big epic ride?


Bar B Q!!  We had to sample some as well, and it was good.  As to the name of the place, keep in mind that Dahlonega is famous for a gold rush that occurred at the turn of the century thus the Smokin Gold name!  After lunch we headed home.  When we got back I dropped Roger off at the shop and he put his MTB in there instead of taking it home.  It really looked bad parked next to all those clean new rides!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment