Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Secret Weapon

What you see here is a Niner carbon fork that is light as a feather and it will soon be on my bike thanks to my mom!  No, mom is not all that familiar with bike parts, but she does love me, and gave me a gift card to Higher Ground for my birthday a few weeks ago that I have redeemed for this awesome fork.  Everything I have read about it and everyone I have spoken to about them has me thinking this is going to be my Cohutta secret weapon.  The qualities of carbon fiber give it incredible stiffness to weight properties but there is also a kind of deadening affect it offers as well.  It is because of this stiffness my ride should climb much better in the mountains but the ride quality should take some of the chatter out of the trail.  All in all I am super excited to get the fork on the bike and ride it.  Everything should be ready to go tomorrow night and I will get a ride in on Friday and a 7 hour ride in Saturday(the longest of the training plan).  By then I should know how it feels and I will report on it then.  This fork is super popular and hard to get.  I have had my eye on one at the shop for a while but couldn't bring myself to pull the trigger on getting it.  When I got the gift card I called but the one at the shop had been sold and none will be available from Niner for months!!!  The Higher Ground crew found one (sweet!!) and Tyler is doing the install for me.  Super cool guy and he is an awesome bike mechanic to boot.  

No comments:

Post a Comment