Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The end of an era

About 12 years ago my dad, my father in law and I took on the task if assembling one of those wooden play sets from Toys R Us.  I was your basic two forts connected with monkey bars, with swings hanging from the monkey bars, design.  Today..... it came down!!  It served us well, and lots of fun was had by lots of kids on that fort.  It was even taken apart, transported from our old house and re assembled here with some modifications.  It was time for it to go.  The wood was getting a little on the rotten side, the fort was so small it was hard for KK and the Bug to even get in there.  We managed to save the swings that were added a few years ago as they are still put to good use but the main structure is now here.....

 ....... piled up by the street.   It is sad when an era ends.  It is a passing of time, it signals the beginning of a new one, ready or not.  In this case the era has to do with the kids growing up.  Taking down the fort tonight I thought a lot about when we built it and what a job that was.  I never could have done it without dad and Poppi.  I thought a lot about my dad and that was good.  Now we are in discussions about what to do in the back yard.  First thing is to get the grass back and then we will see what happens next.

No comments:

Post a Comment