Thursday, February 17, 2011

Harley Springer

I have been riding a new Street Glide since December.  Check it out on the "Road Trip" post on this blog (and when you do, the offer to buy a cup of Fuzion Yogurt for the first person to guess what I was riding, is no longer valid as I just gave you the answer to my question).  It is a great motorcycle and one of our best sellers.  I brought it in today and had someone who wanted to check it out, so I pulled my trusty old Springer out of the warehouse to ride while the Glide is shown.  There is just something special about this Springer.  It is old school, it rumbles, it has a tractor seat on springs, it is just a cool bike.  When I ride it, it just feels right.  I know where every thing is without even thinking about it.  It is familiar.  I have logged some miles on this bike.  Spent time on it, listening to it rumble for hours on end.
Our relationship with God is like this.  As I spend more time with Him, He becomes more familiar, more present, I hear Him more and more and His voice is comforting, authoritative, I seek Him more because I want to be with Him more.  Tonight as I ride the Springer home I will be thinking about Him as I rumble down the road.
this is what gives the Springer it's name.... the spring suspended fork

No comments:

Post a Comment