Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Morning ride

It has been cold this winter and our normal Tuesday/Thursday morning ride has not been going off very often.  The group has become a fair weather bunch this year and if it is below 45, no ride.  This morning it was 48 so....we ride!!  I have missed the fellowship with the guys as much as the riding.  The social aspect of cycling is one of the things I love about the sport.  Connecting with like minded folks and sharing a passion for something.  Often communicating without saying anything at all.  

John and Mark up front getting ready for the Pimlico Sprint.  There were about 10 of us on the ride this morning.
As I left the group and headed home from Premiere I found myself thinking about the Bible reading I am doing.  I am in Leviticus reading of all the things the priests have to do maintain relationship between the people and God.  Due to all of the sin of the people and the Holiness of God that temple was one busy place with all the sacrifice's going on.  I was overcome with a profound gratitude for Jesus, that He provided a way that I can be in relationship with God all the time.
The solo ride home

3 comments:

  1. So did you take Jake for the morning road ride? Could not tell in the photo. I am sorry I missed it but I came down with a bad cold, luckily it was after our Sunday trail ride. I am glad I did not send out my motivational email to the Premier group since they rode and I could not make it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I rode the Tarmac, for this one. Maybe get Jake out there soon. I was wondering where you were. Sorry to hear you have a cold. Urban Gorilla Sunday?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, on for the super urban gorilla!

    ReplyDelete