Tuesday, March 8, 2011

4000' of climbing..... in Florida

This morning I joined the Premiere crew for an early morning MTB ride.  I met them on the power lines, and we rode some great trail!  When we got back to the power lines I decided it would be a good idea to get a few hill repeats in.  Cohutta has been on my mind a lot lately.  I did 12 repeats then headed home.  When I downloaded the file from my Garmin I was surprised to see that I had done 24 miles and nearly 4000 feet of vertical!  1/4 of the way there if it was race day!  Not a bad morning.  Here is a shot from the bottom of the hill.  It is about 1/3 of a mile long..... nothing like the climbs in the smokeys, but about as good as it gets around here.

 If anyone has a recommendation for some good hill work in the area, let me know!!!

2 comments:

  1. Pontiac Drive is the steepest hill I am aware of, but it is paved and in an area you probably don't frequent. But you could hit it a few times on a ride back from Munson, would be a good workout for tired legs.

    I pulled the double-header today and got back out this evening, unfortunately I missed the group I was looking for but ran into another rider I know. Probably one of the last night rides of the year, at least that require lights. Coming home solo on Silk Trail in the dark was a total different experience from the a.m. ride!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pontiac....?? I thought they went out of business! I will have to check this out, maybe Saturday morning if you are up for a Munson ride?

    ReplyDelete