Friday, March 18, 2011

Munson Ride

I went for a ride this afternoon with Brett and Jamie down at Munson.  It had been a while since I had ridden down there.  The last time was probably 6 weeks ago with TP.  I know it was really cold last time, and there was trail work going on in several spots.  Today it was 85 degrees and the entire trail is like this......


....... the entire loop is now like a huge pump track.  We were flying around this trail today!!  It was really fun to ride, but I must admit there was part of me that misses the old sandy goodness of the old trail.  I am mostly curious to see what its like after a good rain.  That is when Munson has been epic in the past.  The sand mixed with the pine straw made some super tacky trail, combined with the sweeping turns, well, it was just really good.  That trail has always seen a lot of traffic after a good rain, everybody knows how good it is.  I have a feeling it is going to be different now.  What was weird is we connected to the Twilight trail and no work has been done over there so I guess it will be a go to trail for those post rain rides, its just not as good of a trail as Munson is.  All in all a great couple of hours, some serious cardio and good fellowship with my buds, and no crashes for me, unlike yesterday but that is another story altogether!  

No comments:

Post a Comment