Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Clean Bottle Review

Well, I have been testing the new Clean Bottle for the past week and here are my impressions.  First, the thought behind the clean bottle is as they say....."gone are the days of trying in vain to wash out that funk at the bottom of your bottles....with clean bottle, cleaning and drying are easy."

screw-off, leak-proof bottom!

As to this point, I really don't recall running into that situation before.  I may be doing something wrong, but I can honestly say I have never had a "funk" in the bottom of my bottle.  I mix all kinds of sports drink mixes, I have let them sit for days after a ride, I have even left them in the back of my hot vehicle with sports drink residue in them and not had issues with bottles coming clean.  Maybe we have a great dishwasher and I should be reviewing it instead.  Point being, the "issue" the clean bottle claims to solve for me is really a "non issue"  All that aside, how about the bottle.  I can say that the bottom does in fact screw off and does not leak so far.  The plastic is BPA free and is much less pliable than most bottles out there.  Due to this hard plastic feel the bottle rattles like crazy in the bottle cage.  For the entire Tour de Felasco my bike sounded like a rattle trap.  It fell out once, but I looked down expecting it to be gone many times that day as it sounded like I was leaving parts along the trail.  I seriously considered donating it to a sag volunteer at one point but it was my only water bottle and my back up if the camel bak went dry.  I also may need to seek some dental work as the drink valve is made from this same hard plastic and I may have chipped a tooth while taking a drink....not good.  All in all, I am not recommending the Clean Bottle....Thumbs down!  I am sticking with old faithful.  Cheers!!!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment