Saturday, January 8, 2011

Tour de Felasco

OK, so about a year ago I was on my way to an MTB race out of town with my buddy TP in his car, our bikes on his rack.  We were heading down I-10 eating bagels and having a great time when we heard an odd sound out back.   When I turned to look, TP hit the brakes and in the red light of the brake light I saw only one bike on the rack......and it was not mine.  My bike had flown off the rack and been run over by a semi.  Today was different!  All the bikes made it to the event and we had a great time.  Here TP is un-racking his 29er and having a tough time because the extra safety strap is still hooked onto the bike!! Nice work TP!!!  How come you didn't put one of those on my bike last year?!


This is what my bike looked like after we went back and picked it up off the side of the interstate last year.  As you can see, the bike rack piece is still attached to the frame!!



Here is my new bike on the trail today.  If you look closely you will see the "clean bottle" and my new camera case mounted on the top tube so I can take lots of pics while on the bike this year!

I had a chance to put the clean bottle to some testing today.  Complete results and more pics coming soon!

1 comment:

  1. First off, I am glad the road (or interstate as the case may be) to Felasco was not littered with Titanium this year! That is a great trail system and a great event. And I enjoyed the company until I cam unglued over the last few miles... hats off to you on a strong ride on the singlespeed!

    ReplyDelete