Thursday, January 20, 2011

Dawn Patrol

 Today was an early rise to get in a nice MTB ride.  With the weather and business of late, when I have a chance to get a ride in I have taken it.  The forecast for today was chilly but no rain so this morning I layered up and hit the road from home at 6:30 with the lights on and met up with TP at the power lines.  We rode the Power lines to the Overstreet Trails to Red Bug, back to Overstreet to Cambodia and finally back to the Power lines and then home.   All in all I got a good 2 + hour ride in. These are the only two pictures I took all day.  The first one is on the Overstreet trail while I was waiting on TP.  He zigged when I zagged and we got separated.  I kept thinking he was going to be coming around the bend (he had stopped to unzip a layer as it was warming up) so I had the camera out to catch a shot of him.  When he didn't show I snapped one of my bike as it is better looking than his anyway :)
This was on the way home and is the only thing I do not like about Single Speeding--a long flat road.  With the gearing I am running I spin out at a whopping 14 MPH!!!  I can live with it though, as when I am on the trail it is silent and super fun.   Speaking of silent, we did run into a flock of wild turkey this morning, at least 10, maybe more.  I was not quick enough to get a shot of them with the camera.  Once I got home I had a good time with a cup of coffee and my Bible doing my daily reading.  I am on track and this morning picked up on something new in a very familiar passage from the story of Moses and Pharaoh.  Even Pharaoh's own advisors were convinced of who God really is and begged him to let the Israelites go but he hardens his heart again and suffers greater loss than before.  

1 comment: