Monday, January 3, 2011

Five-O


This is not the scene anyone wants to see in front of their house at 7:00 am but this is what I saw in front of mine this morning, and no, they were not looking for any of us!!
I met the boys for a run this morning at Winthrop @ 5:30.  Had a good run with good friends in some real cold weather.  The day was starting off great.  I headed to the bagel shop and got some bagels and some coffee and headed home.  Got home and got Sailor out for his morning constitution and was back inn the house to enjoy my bagel and coffee and warm up a bit while doing my daily reading.  I am sitting on the sun porch in "my" chair reading when Sailor starts barking.  It was very quiet and my stomach was growling so I thought that is what made him bark. I called him into my lap to assure him when he barked again, about that time I heard the car door slam closed out front.  Now mind you, it is dark out still, and I am sitting in front of windows with the lights on in plain site of the car not 30 feet away.  I turn to look and see the light on  in the car and a guy ripping off my stuff out of my rig.  I run to the front door and confront the guy from the front porch.  He denies being in my rig and as I walk towards him he takes off running and I start chasing him with Sailor on his heels.  I'm yelling all kinds of stuff at the guy like "drop the stuff", "I'm calling the cops", as we round the corner a cell phone comes flying out of his overcoat pocket.  It is about now that I am thinking to myself "what are you doing chasing a guy who has just robbed your cars?", or something like that.  I grab the cell and head back to the house and call 911.  I had a good description of the guy and I new where he was headed and had a good feeling he would be caught.

Within 20 minutes the guy was in the back of a squad car.  Same guy but he didn't have on the overcoat.  Upon looking thru my rig I noticed my new sunglasses (Christmas present) my knife and some other stuff was missing.  The search was on.  Making my way around the hood with a TPD officer we found all the stuff and 41/2 hours later we finished the paperwork and will wait to see what happens.



The perps jacket ditched in the bushes of a neighbor

My pocket knife, and sunglasses and other items were close by and are now in the property room at TPD until the perp goes on trial sometime many months from now.  Sailor got a new dog toy as a show of my appreciation for being such great dog.  He Loves to chase squirrels, so we got him a rubber "Squirrel Dude" dog toy and  he loves it!!

Sailor the super hero!



1 comment: