Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Inauguration Day

The Halls of Government: This morning I had the chance to attend the Inaugural Prayer Breakfast for Florida's new Governor Rick Scott with The Doctor, Ginger, and mom.  We ran into a few friends once we got there and except for the food ( a cold danish and a banana) it was an amazing service.  Speaker after speaker acknowledged that we serve a sovereign God and prayer was offered for our state's leadership to honor God in the way they serve our state in the roles of leadership they have.  Separation of church and state is what gives us the right and privilege to have events like this and all faiths were represented and spoke.  The hi lights for me were Gov. Scott's two daughters reading from the Word and Lt Gov Jennifer Carrol's words regarding her and Rick's faith and the  fact that they are not afraid to proclaim it!  The breakfast was capped off by words from Chuck Colson.  It was awesome to see the powerful political culture gathered together in a solitary act of prayer for our incoming administration.    

Chuck Colson with Rick Scott and Jennifer Carol
 The Halls of Business:  Today was my first day back to work after a long break for Christmas.  It was great to be off for so long with my family.  What was even nicer was getting back to a business with such good people running things that there were no real issues.   It was a good day and I felt blessed to have the job I have.

The Halls of.....Nature: The day capped off with a night trail run on the Red Bug trail and a Blast practice.  I love trail running and I have seen several red fox on this trail in the evenings in the past.  Tonight it was dark when I ran so it was head light time and I really didn't see much, including the tree root I tweaked my ankle on.  Nothing major but sore tonight.  I caught the end of drills and the scrimmage of tonight's practice.  K K  had a great practice, his ball handling skills are really improving.  He is going to be hard to handle this year and he is one of the youngest players in his league.  One of his teammates starts high school next year!
Head light?  Check!

Lots of roots on the trail and the leaves make it hard to see them!

Awesome ball handling!   Blast Off!!!
A great day today, and as I recount it here in this blog it is so clear to me how God is everywhere all the time.  

No comments:

Post a Comment