Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Take the long way home

Today was one of those days that I needed to get away from the phone and interruptions to just think thru things so I left work a few minutes early and took the long way home thru the forest.  It rained most of the day today and the woods were beautiful.  The pine and palmetto remind me of being at home in the woods.  These are the type of woods I have spent most of my time in.  Don't get me wrong, I love the mountains but these woods have a familiar feel.
 I was struck by the contrast of the charred tree trunks and the green ,new growth, palmetto.  I love the symbolism of death and new life of forest fires.  Following the death caused by the fire, new growth occurs almost immediately.    
Tonight we had vanishing spinach with our dinner.  Amazing!!!
Now you see it

Now you don't

No comments:

Post a Comment