Monday, January 24, 2011

Red Sky

Lake Overstreet
We had Blast practice tonight so while the team was going thru their drills I got Jake out and took him for a spin around the lake.  I tried riding Red Bug from the fields and soon found out that a Cyclo Cross bike is not made for rooty Red Bug trail.  I made my way to the fire road and down to the lake and this was my reward.  Not a soul in sight and total peace with the sun creating a glow that reflected perfectly off the water....and my camera wouldn't work!!  I had to take this with my cell phone camera.  Not a bad shot.  What it really means is that if it looks this good in a photo taken from a phone, it was a beautiful moment.  And that it was.  The wood duck were coming in and I could hear their conversations as they paddled around just out of site around the bend in the shore from where I was.  I enjoyed some time in quiet prayer and let the sun play out its show then fired up the light on the bike and made it back in time for the scrimmage.  It is what I needed at the end of a tough day.  Thank you Lord!!

No comments:

Post a Comment