Saturday, January 22, 2011

Meet Jake

A couple of weeks ago I took stock of all the old bicycle parts I had in the garage and discovered I just about had everything to build a cross bike.  I searched the good old web for a cheap frame and viola--Jake the Snake is alive and well.  Besides the frame and new handlebar tape it was all in boxes in the garage.  I took it on its maiden voyage this morning for an awesome 3 hour ride while KK was taking the ACT.  I snapped this shot on Old Centerville Rd heading north toward Georgia.  I rode up into the cracker state and cruised down a road that led into Borderline Plantation where there was a group quail hunting and snapped a pic of Jake by the lake.
This was the turnaround point of the ride and I retraced my route back.  As I was on the last leg of the ride about 6 miles from the end, I was on a dirt road that had some very deep ditches on the sides.  I noticed something out of place out of the corner of my eye.  It turned out to be a dog that had died.  I could tell that it hadn't been gone long and I went down and got the collar off the dog.  Fortunately it had a rabies tag so I called the vet and told them the # and location of the dog so that it owners could be notified.  It was a beautiful chocolate lab named Cocoa.  Very sad.

Chili morning for a ride!  I waited as long as could for it to warm up but it never did!
 We closed out the day at FSU vs Boston College.  We saw the Cottons and Perrier families at the game and got a shot of Tam taking my picture.  She is a great photographer!
Gotcha!

No comments:

Post a Comment